In the past ten years Charlie has discovered that executives need a safe place to vent and think through difficult business issues. Charlie is a down-to-earth and highly productive creative. He excels at problem solving and creating simple and effective business and relationship solutions, including the design of organizational systems. Charlie Hedges works with executives on business development, staffing, and personal issues. With his 20 year of experience and personal approach Charlie has become the trusted advisor, coach and friend to several CEO’s of large companies. His accomplishments include:
Executive Partner in Thought
- Executive Coach and Advisor to CEO/President of the largest specialty food manufacturer in the US. At $750MM in revenues it was time for the president to become more of a CEO and less of a president. Charlie worked closely with the Board of Directors in the process. Advising in prioritization, delegation, and world-view helped the individual tremendously. The company has grown to more than $1.3 B in annual revenue.
- Executive Advisor to CEO and Chairman to one of the very few banks in California to make money in 2008-2010. They were rated the number one bank in California in the $600M to $1.2B in assets. He continues to work closely with all individuals of Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Served as an outside “Chief of Staff” to the CEO of a lending institution generating just under $1B in loans annually. Helped talk CEO through managing the national recession difficulties.
- Executive Coach to a Foreign President of American workforce. Helped him modify his style for an American workforce resulting in highly increased respect (after having received legal warning of harassing American workers).
Corporate Consulting and Development
- Facilitated on-going Executive Team and Board of Directors sessions that successfully mitigated serious conflict issues that had been growing for the last ten years of operation. (The institution was responsible for $1 B in assets.)
- Designed and facilitated a series of conflict management, production improvement, and improved collaboration sessions with a World Class International Oil Company and its contracted Energy Services. Provider for a three billion dollar refinery upgrade project in Saudi Arabia. The two senior teams began highly adversarial and, fortunately, experienced a complete turnaround in attitude, work strategies, and productive interpersonal relations.
- Created and implemented an Executive Development Program for a $750 MM affiliate of a multi-national corporation, including competency models, 360 feedback, and personal coaching. Resulted in significantly improved management skills/behaviors for the company’s executives.
- Created a New Hire Performance Acceleration Process (a form of OnBoarding) that greatly accelerated the performance of new hires with a $5 B company.
M.A., WESTERN SEMINARY, Portland, OR
B.A., MARYLHURST COLLEGE, Portland, OR
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES—Awarded full scholarship for gymnastics
Representative List of Clients
ALCON SURGICAL INC. | Irvine, CA
AMERICAN BUSINESS BANK | Los Angeles, CA
AMERIQUEST CORPORATION | Los Angeles, CA
BROWN AND ROOT SERVICES | Pasadena, CA
CA CALTEX PACIFIC INDONESIA | Jakarta, Indonesia
CHEVRON CANADA RESOURCES | Calgary, Alberta
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY | Burbank, CA
DENSO SALES OF CALIFORNIA, INC. | Long Beach, CA
DENSO WIRELESS SYSTEMS AMERICA, INC. |Vista, CA
EL POLLO LOCO | Irvine, CA
THE FIRST AMERICAN CORP (FORMERLY “1ST AMER TITLE”) | Santa Ana, CA
FISHER ROSEMOUNT SERVICES | Austin, TX
HIBERNIA MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT CO. | St. Johns, Newfoundland
HILMAR CHEESE | Hilmar, CA
METCALF & EDDY, INC. | Newark, NJ
OLUKAI, INC. | Irvine, CA
PARAMOUNT STUDIOS | Burbank, CA
SAUDI ARABIAN OIL (ARAMCO SERVICES) | Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
FACILITATIVE LEADERSHIP, Certified by Interaction Associates
MASTERING MEETINGS FOR RESULTS, Certified by Interaction Associates
FACILITATION MASTERSHIP, Completed workshop designed to strengthen skills for training and group facilitation by IMPAQ Systems for Organizational Improvement
AGREEMENTS FOR EXCELLENCE, Certified to facilitate a team building process by IMPAQ Systems for Organizational Improvement
TEAM PLAYER, Completed train-the-trainer workshop by Chevron Corp. for Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
MBTI CERTIFICATION, Successfully passed certification/training course for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator conducted by the Association for Psychological Type
MBTI TEAM BUILDING, Completed Consulting Psychologists Press training
FIRO-B TEAM BUILDING, Completed Consulting Psychologists Press training