I have to say this may be my favorite podcast ever. My guest, Terry Hershey, and I go totally off script and have a genuine conversation about what it means to live apart from the script given to us by family and society. It’s about Changing the Rules of YOUR Game of Life.
Today we plan to offer a new way of determining the activities of your life. I’d like to Change the Rules of the Game by following the prompting of your heart, as you diminish the negative feedback you receive from your head and other people.
Much of today’s conversation will be based on Taryn Voget’s new book, Trust Fall: A story about learning to trust life, love ourselves, and redefine success. This little 126-page book made me think, a lot.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Following your heart often requires you to “change the rules off the game.”
- The “game” is the script given to you by others. And it can take decades to dismiss that script, if ever!
- What does it mean to love yourself?
- Why “trusting ourselves” is so vital yet do difficult.
- Why do we buy into the “script” given to us by others then “blame” ourselves for failing?
- Following your heart is about being fully human, regaining what we have lost in the shuffle, when life has been relegated to keeping score. To be human is to cultivate the good life and gardening your soul.
- When we honor numbers over people there is something wrong in our soul.
- How do you follow your heart when following your heart impacts the lives of significant people in your life?
You can find Terry at Terryhershey.com